- About Me
- As an 8-10 year old, I animated a few rough-looking clay characters, playmobil figures. I've always had a love for hand puppets and marionettes. I'm a business owner now in an unrelated profession. I'm pursuing stop-motion-animation again as a creative outlet. Or something like that.
Besides puppetry, I enjoy messing with my crazy dogs and working with colored pencil. You can see a few older pieces here:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/redpoodle. I can play the viola and ride a unicycle, tennis, chess, but those are all neglected hobbies.
- Sorry, I've only read three or four animation books so far.:P
- Movie Interests
- Disney, Dreamworks, Aardman, Studio Ghibli? That kind of stuff. We loved watching Wallace and Gromit, Frog and Toad, Shakespeare Animated Tales, Miracle Marker, etc. when I was growing up.
- Favorite Animators
- Oh gosh, I don't know many of them by name. I'll be cliché, and say Peter Lord and Nick Park? I'm really only familiar with the work of Aardman studios. That will grow and expand I'm sure. Like many, I'm enchanted by the gothic whimsy of Tim Burton.
- Favorite Artists
- My mom and my brother-in-law have amazing artistic eyes. I'm very fortunate to have them in my life. Gary Larson (The Farside) is a favorite comic book artist I guess. Various other peoples like Norman Rockwell and Mo Willems.
- Member since
- Friday, 06 January 2012 11:37
- Last online
- 6 months ago
- Profile views
- 888 views