Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which capture software to use?

Which capture software to use? 6 months 1 week ago #410

• Sine
Hi everyone

I would like to get some software for capturing stop motion films but I am not quite sure what to choose. When I first started out animating I used Monkey Jam with my webcam. Now I use a DSLR camera and I use the remote control software to the camera, but I would like to change to some animation software.
I have heard about both Stopmotion Pro and Dragonframe but I don't know much about either of them. What is the best to choose and what would you recommend?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which capture software to use? 6 months 1 week ago #436

• Marc Spess
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Sine, I have Stop Motion Pro and Dragonframe. I have both a PC and a Mac as well. If you ask me which program is better - I would say that it's uncertain. Stop Motion Pro is coming out with a new version which they claim will be even better than it already is. Dragonframe is a pretty good program and it's what I'm currently using for my personal system now. Honestly they are both pretty close in quality. They also have similar features. The main difference is Stop Motion Pro has a lot of versions depending on your budget. So if you have a low budget you can use the basic features and it will work out just fine for most people. Is there a particular thing you must have as a feature?

Which capture software to use? 6 months 6 days ago #442

I have only just recently purchased Dragonframe (actually, my hubby got it for me) so I'm still learning, but so far it's pretty amazing. We tried the iStopMotion for Mac, which was a total fail. Couldn't get it to recognize our DSLR, despite several tries and emails from support, so we are awaiting our money refund.

Which capture software to use? 3 months 1 week ago #538

• Alik
Prompt who knows, what for the program or online service is used for change of poses of the character? Video
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds