Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 5 months 5 days ago #43

• Marc Spess
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Nick sent me a message with the idea he came up with for this months challenge. The topic he chose was "Steps". You can interpret it any which way you like. Baby's first steps, steps to finish a journey, step in a task or something more unique.

For those who want to use this challenge to brush up on their walk cycles, Michael Parks posted a tutorial that might help. To be clear, you DON'T have to animate a walk cycle for this challenge. This video is just for those who need some help understanding how to animate walks - if you decide a walk is needed in your entry.

The challenge entries must be submitted by April 30 to be judged during our live show for that day. If all goes as planned, we'll have a prize for this challenge. I'll post the prize on our challenge page in the details. Good luck everyone!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 5 months 5 days ago #45

• Nick Hilligoss
  • Thank you received: 3
That's right, you CAN do a walk, but there are a lot of other meanings you can get out of the word Steps. If you want to avoid a walk, the character could be sitting on the front steps, it's still on topic! Maybe combine a couple?
Hey, thanks for the votes guys! It was fun to do, I can still learn from doing these things. I hope some of you have fun with this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Spess

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 4 months 4 weeks ago #48

• Austin
  • Thank you received: 1
I think I am going to try and do something for this. I really need to get back into the flow of animating again. Now to come up with an idea.

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 4 months 3 weeks ago #223

• Nick Hilligoss
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Marc, I got an email saying Charles Collins had posted here, with 3 links. They all take me to this forum topic, but I don't see any sign of his posts once I get here. Looks like he's done some walks, look forward to seeing them when they show up.

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 4 months 3 weeks ago #395

Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Marc Spess.

March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps 4 months 3 weeks ago #396

• Marc Spess
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Charles, try to just copy and paste the entire YouTube link as a post. Don't worry about the little Boardcode icons. If you copy and paste the link to your video it will show up.

UPDATE: I just edited your previous post so it shows, you did a good job :)
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Marc Spess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charles collins
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds