Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 1 week ago #17

• Marc Spess
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Here are this months rules:

- No longer than 30 seconds, unless you are super courageous!

- Audio clips can be from movies, TV shows, by using your microphone or from cartoons. Each challenger will pick his or her own clip from the web.

- Nicks Tip: "If we go with a single clip, that's how long it will be. Plus maybe a little lead-in and follow-through if it seems warranted."

- Tip #2 If you have an old puppet, feel free to re-use it for this challenge to save time.

- Tip #3 You can use Audacity, it's a free audio program for recording audio off of online videos, your microphone or other sources.

-Tip #4 Use JLipsync to break your audio down into single frames by downloading it over here.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Marc Spess.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 1 week ago #18

• Nick Hilligoss
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been making a head to do a bit of lip synch with, and should be ready to shoot on Monday. I've done dialog a few times with the very simple opening and closing action on my puppets, so I wanted to try something different rather than just do more of the same. Which meant making a bigger head - no rubber skin, just a robot-like thing with the mouth wires visible.

Something I discovered - Marc told me you can record audio from a Youtube video playing on your computer. But I didn't see that option in my audio settings. I'm using a Mac, and it turns out Audacity or other audio programs can't record internal audio (like the sound track from a Youtube clip) in OSX like they can on a Windows PC, without some help. There is an extra step required, installing a free program called Soundflower. You have to change System Preferences and set Soundflower 2 Channel as the input and output for audio. Then you can capture any sound that is playing on the computer. It does disable the external speakers, but I could still hear it on the tinny little internal speakers inside the Mac Pro case. After grabbing the audio for this exercise, I had to set preferences back to normal so I could record sound from a mic, and play sound on external speakers again.
There are tutorials on Youtube for Mac users on how to record sound from Youtube video this way, if anyone else on a Mac feels like doing this lipsynch challenge. But probably everyone but me knew this already!

So I'm using Audacity to record the sound, then I'll shoot with Dragonframe, which can load the audio track straight in, and I can work from that without marking up exposure sheets.

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 1 week ago #19

• Marc Spess
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
That's good to know Nick, I will add some info about Soundflower on our challenges page. I should probably add a link to Audacity also. Did you ever try any Firefox add-ons that are out there? I wonder if those work the same on Macs, or if those add-ons are even available to you. There are a few generically named YouTube download add ons that give you the ability to download YouTube clips as MP3's. The one I have allows you to enter a start and end time too. So no editing is required before you import it into an X-Sheet program. I do have a Mac as my Dragonframe animation machine in the garage, but as of yet know almost nothing about Macs for use with the internet.

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 1 week ago #21

• Nick Hilligoss
  • Thank you received: 3
I do it the other way around - my elderly Pentium 4 PC is in the studio for framegrabbing with StopmotionPro, and the Mac is in the house for post production and connecting to the internet. But I like DF on the Mac better for loading a sound track and doing lip synch, my old PC is a bit buggy with the audio.

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 6 days ago #24

• Jim Reeve
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi All, My entry is called "Colin and The Big Book of Magic". It can be found here...

February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge 5 months 3 days ago #28

how do you open lipsiync
adobe won't
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds