Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 3-D Printers for Puppets?

3-D Printers for Puppets? 2 weeks 5 days ago #641

• Madrone Candea
  • Thank you received: 3
I asked Santa for a 3D printer!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3-D Printers for Puppets? 6 days 17 minutes ago #664

• Dieter Wagner
  • Thank you received: 8
So a new product just got released for smoothing 3d prints, LUCKILY one of the locations is actually in my hometown. Crazy! So I went to Reynolds Advanced Materials to pick up some XTC-3D . I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but the guy there assured me it would give me better results than the acetone vapor method (which is highly toxic). I also said I was wanting to smooth out my arm molds. He said this would work perfectly and also sold me some Dragon Skin Pro silicone. He said that it would work perfectly with a 3d printed mold. I'm getting pretty excited to test it all out! I will post updates here as soon as I can.

In the mean time, here is an update on the puppet heads. I got the new eyes and mouths from AnimationToolKit, and I'm really enjoying the look!
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 days 16 minutes ago by Dieter Wagner.

3-D Printers for Puppets? 4 days 5 hours ago #667

• Marc Spess
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
That's neat, it looks like a good product. It reminds me a little of plasti-dip, the stuff you dip your tool handles into for added grip. But that's a rubber material, I haven't seen anything like this before. It seems like it fills in gaps but you still need to sand it smooth - but I think the finish will be much nicer with the gaps filled. Here's a video they have showing how it works:

Last Edit: 4 days 5 hours ago by Marc Spess.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds