Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3-D Printers for Puppets?

3-D Printers for Puppets? 1 week 4 days ago #548

Marc, I picked up the Solidoodle 4 when it was on sale 2 weeks ago. Now it's even $100 cheaper since they just announced their new line of printers. Just my luck...hahaha. Stop Motion Magazine said they have a Solidoodle in the office and love it.

I've read mixed reviews, but it seems if i put some time into it I can get some really nice prints. The goal is to use the Acetone vapor method to smooth the mold prints enough to use. Fingers crossed!

I also placed an order with you today. I decided to order the wire animation table top and try to build my own box for it, before buying an assembled one. Fingers crossed on that too! :)
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Dieter Wagner.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3-D Printers for Puppets? 1 week 4 days ago #549

• Marc Spess
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks for the order, I'm going to check out that Solidoodle printer! I have an affinity for the Form 1 formlabs.com/products/form-1-plus/ It makes some very nice prints. Please do post some photos of your results. Ron Cole is always talking about making molds directly from 3-d printers, I think he'd like to see how it works out too.

3-D Printers for Puppets? 1 week 1 day ago #556

• Jason Rodgers
  • Thank you received: 1
This kind of technology is pretty amazing. The stuff you could make for your puppets would open up a lot of possibilities. The only thing that sort of doesn't make me get into it is obviously the price (although it appears that is changing) but also the possibility of not being happy with the final product it creates/materials. I guess too having to be able to model in 3D exactly what I want is daunting as well.
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Jason Rodgers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds