Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Introduce Yourself Here

Introduce Yourself Here 8 months 1 day ago #441

Hi, all. I'm Jackie. I'm a professionally published writer of science fiction, fantasy, and horror. I've been a fan of stop-motion ever since my first Rankin/Bass experience (Yay for "Rudolph"!) and have always fantasized about the stories I would tell with it, if I ever managed a chance. A recent move to Nashville, TN (from Memphis) put me within driving distance to an art college offering a course, so I signed right up! I've since made some puppets, and done some practice projects, and I am absolutely smitten with the art form and I'm anxious to get better. I have short films planned, and I'd love to get into music videos-for-hire and other short forms, but I'm open to seeing where this takes me.

I think I might try my hand at animating a couple of my published stories - eventually! So much to learn!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Introduce Yourself Here 7 months 1 week ago #475

• Erick Horton
  • Thank you received: 3
Greetings.

I am a hand and rod puppet designer and performer, graphic designer and tattoo artist who has dabbled in video game design. I enjoy setting challenges for myself and stop motion animation is my next endeavor.

I have written a series of short stories in the pulp fiction genre, I have decided to interpret them as video shorts which can be viewed episodically.

I have watched Marc's video tutorials on YouTube and have followed them here. They have been very useful to me thus far and will continue to be so in the future. Thank you very much for the uploads.

PS I see you are having a spam problem, please know I am not a spam bot.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Erick Horton. Reason: worried you might think i was a spammer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marc Spess

Introduce Yourself Here 4 months 1 week ago #553

• Jason Rodgers
  • Thank you received: 4
My name is Jason Rodgers, I'm a 2D Cartoon/Stopmotion/Jazz Artist. I have studied jazz/saxophone music formally and hold a degree in Animation. My goal is to produce stop-motion that reflects my 2D work which is jazzy and retro. I have followed animateclay.com for quite a few years, but now am finally taking steps (after my jazz and 2d studies) to concentrate more on my stopmo skills. I have quite a few videos on tips for animation, mostly about the pre production stage as well as my 2D/stopmo videos on my youtube channel

Introduce Yourself Here 4 months 1 week ago #558

I am returning from a stop motion hiatus. A void in my favorite hobby, that has squandered
any animations I would have done for the last three years. Well, now I'm here. Hopefully I
don't wither on the vine of this interesting community; which would be sad, considering that I
am a senior in high school at Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts, with a focus on the visual
arts. Because of my school, I have acquired many skills that I did not have when I was younger. My goal is to immerse myself in stop motion once again, and get back to the level of devotion I had in my childhood. Now, I'm not saying the videos I did in grade school were any good; but I was excited about stop motion animation, and every time I wove together a few film, I felt like I was one thread closer to unraveling the secrets of this mysterious art forum.

Introduce Yourself Here 4 months 6 days ago #563

I built a motion control rig for timelapse photography and then realised it would be much more fun to use it for animation. I've long been a fan of Morph, Wallace and Gromit and animation in general but never did anything about it until a year or so back. I love the combination of technology and art which allows me to dabble in electronic design, software design, mechanical construction, video editing, sound recording, photography as well as making up silly stories and playing with plasticine and cardboard.
I enjoy doing EVERYTHING myself so it may be some time before you see a finished product.

Introduce Yourself Here 3 months 3 weeks ago #568

• Robert
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Everybody(dr nick)
My names Robert it's a joy to be on this site and meet you all I am a budding 2d and stop motion animator and artist, in my spare time that I'm not animating I'm reading the Bible which I thoroughly enjoy :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Rodgers
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds