Animation Stage Upgradeed with Camera Dolly

7 years 10 months ago
MadR13d
More
Animation Stage Upgradeed with Camera Dolly #640
Sweet. That looks like it will run smooth. Ha ha, high tech compared to my low tech one. I was thiking to use a strip of Legos, to make it exact incremants. Keep in mind the ease in and out that makes camera moves good sometimes, right? I am waiting for the cheap quick release I was planning on attaching to the sled.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago
Tamarame
Premium Member
Premium Member
More
Animation Stage Upgradeed with Camera Dolly #632
Looks great, im really thinking of making a better animation space aswell..it be more easier to work on-with i guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You Jim

7 years 10 months ago
jazzimation
More
Animation Stage Upgradeed with Camera Dolly #630
Lovely work Jim, must have taken a bit of planning! Will be great to see the results it has on your shots. Well done!
The following user(s) said Thank You Jim

7 years 10 months ago
Jim
More
Topic Author
Animation Stage Upgradeed with Camera Dolly #627
Hi All,
I have just finished upgrading my animation stage to include a camera dolly. The dolly in the attached picture has threaded rod to take the camera back and forth, side to side, up and down, pan side to side, and tilt up and down. I have used M6 rod which means the thread pitch is exactly 1mm. This means a single turn of a handle will give me exactly one millimetre of camera movement. The pan and tilt are both 'pivot' actions and can be used in combination with level up and down or with level side to side to create sweeping camera shots.
In hindsight I should have used longer rods for the back and forth motion and then I could have used a bicycle sprocket and chain rig behind the stage to allow both rods to turn with a single handle.
The aluminium structures above the stage are the gantries I made previously for flying objects.
Jim wartsandall.net
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You jazzimation

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds