Animation Equipment

7 years 8 months ago
StopFramEmotion
More
Animation Equipment #718
Hi Charlotte and welcome!

For capture, I was tempted to go for DragonFrame but it was slightly above my budget. I needed HD because I shoot with Nikon D7000 DSLRs, so in the end Stop-Motion Pro 8 got my money as I could get the HD version for almost 100 dollars cheaper than DF. I purchased it from Marc in September. A nice bonus is that because I bought SMP 8 so close to the release of eclipse, I got a FREE upgrade when it was released. I have dabbled with Eclipse but am sticking with SMP 8 for now (you can run both on the same PC) for my shoots as I'm more familiar with it and it does the job so well! ("Loop From Last" is a fantastic feature, and I highly recommend giving it a try if you haven't already!)

My main tripod is a Benbo Trekker - very flexible.I also have a heavy duty Sirius tripod with a fluid head.

I edit on Corel VideoStudio X7 Ultimate. And use a free deflicker program VirtualDub (with its MSU Deflciker plugin).

Hope this helps and good luck with your projects! :)

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago
MC1R
More
Topic Author
Animation Equipment #717
Hi Everyone.
I've been animating for a few years now with very limited software and equipment. I use a Nikon V1 and a tripod for photography and Quicktime Player and iMovie for editing.

What do you guys use?
The following user(s) said Thank You StopFramEmotion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds