Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions

10 months 2 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1510
Thanks for your input HoserLu, we can definitely have niche sections in the forums. Perhaps a kid section would be good as well - there are a few that have popped in here now and then.

I also appreciate the offer to do admin duties on the site. Are you familiar with Joomla web sites? Mr_Force and I have been trying to make sure there aren't any spam bots/people posting on the site. He also helps moderate the forums. So far it's worked out well, we do occasionally get spammed even as slow as it's been.

I know one area where we've fallen behind on are stop mo news articles. That is something I don't get the time to do as much personally, but I do try to put something up every few weeks. It used to be a major aspect of the site. Should we keep that going? Or do most of you get your news somewhere else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago
HoserLu
Administrator
Administrator
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1509
I think the url Stopmotionmagic.com is a good idea. And as we discussed during the live show Wednesday night, having areas for clay, brick films and other niche areas is good. A work in progress board would be fantastic. "Here's what I have, how can I do X with it, or how can I improve this" would be great. I know we can do that now, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Making the site more adult oriented is a great direction. Maybe offer a kids corner as well.

And we should share the load, also something we discussed. It's great for any of us to offer ideas about how much more of Marc's time should go into this, but there are only so many hours in the day for anyone. Personally I'm not a designer, but I'd be happy to help with basic admin duty if there is a need.

10 months 2 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1508
Hi Hugh, I'd like to use our previous URL, mainly because it is more generic and google likes if you describe the site in it. It went well formerly and we had a lot of hits, so I'm pretty sure it will work out.

What does everyone think of his forum ideas? It sounds OK with me, especially having the Work In Progress and general discussion section. As for the Tutorials aspect of our current forum setup - nobody has posted their own tutorials there. So perhaps we should get rid of that?
The following user(s) said Thank You hughchilles

10 months 2 weeks ago 10 months 2 weeks ago by animateclay.
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1507
I appreciate the feedback so far from you two! Doublesnake007 has offered to help with graphics for the page. That will be awesome, here are some things that I can offer to help.

What we'll need are cover photo graphics for girls and guys who sign up. I'm guessing with black backgrounds.

Here is the male: www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...ver-male-default.png

Here is the female version: www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...r-female-default.png

I forgot, these are also graphics for male/female/undefined users that we need:

www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...le.png?ts=1535662939
www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...le.png?ts=1535663018

Also the default cover photo for groups:

www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...lt.png?ts=1535663075

The default group user avatar:

www.animateclay.com/components/com_commu...up.png?ts=1535663113

The font I used originally on all the graphics was Nevis. I'm pretty sure it's the only font I used from this page:
www.fontspace.com/ten-by-twenty/nevis

I put together all the images that I bought (they are royalty free) for the old site. There are also raw graphics I created so you can stick to that style. Feel free to download these to use for the cover pictures:

www.animateclay.com/3dfiles/smm.zip

If anyone is interested you can check out Doubles Instagram which has lots of pictures for his t-shirt business and some stop motion too: Double has some of his art on Instagram under the name designxraystudios which I would suggest everyone take a look at!

10 months 2 weeks ago
DOUBLESNAKE007
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1506
Yes! I love the older style.

10 months 2 weeks ago 10 months 2 weeks ago by hughchilles.
hughchilles
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1505
I also just realised replies go above the topic, I'm more used to the opposite...

stopmomagic.com
stopmotionmagic.com
smmagic
animagic
animates

puppetmagic

I'm leaning towards stopmotionmagic now, I think it will come up in search engine next to stopmotionanimation.com and will look good/get the most hits/unambiguous

Hope I have been of some help
The following user(s) said Thank You animateclay

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds