Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions

3 months 1 week ago 3 months 1 week ago by Metalmadcat. Reason: ADDED PICTURE
Metalmadcat
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1520
Hi Marc! I am so glad you are making some changes for Improvement´s sake. I remember SMM and I remember back in the days when you decided changing it for a reason related to your shop, I think.

However I have my own nostalgia from SMM not just from the name but the atmosphere too..and all the wonderful friends I got in those years. It was pretty good and you could even set your own music playlist, and that was fun. As for the hat and best animation trophy I dig it. Maybe I would spice it up a bit more digital than the realistic sculpture of king kong. But that is just me. And the logo being a hat it was very reasonable and fit it in perfectly. i have an old logo i created inspired on stop motion magic if it helps ...it was this "film"esque humanoid figure smiling with a hat. not sure if you ever saw it, Marc. Its on my FB

Regarding the Challenges I say you reinforce them more..give them PRIME PROTAGONISM featuring them mainly in the site like a section and not just in the forum. That would be my suggestion. and maybe more VISUAL propaganda and not just written announcement.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 1 week ago
RandyB
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1518
I think that the hatter is definitely a better choice. But since it's so small, maybe you could crop it down to just a "head and shoulders" framing so that it's a little tighter and easier to see? Again - just a thought. It also fine works as is. With that hat, he does look a little like a magician.

If it's easy to change, maybe you could "revolve" it. Put in a pic of one of your new characters from the apple story. Or swap the pic out with different characters every month or two?

And thanks for the font color change. MUCH better.

3 months 1 week ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1515
Good point Randy, I went ahead and changed it to the Mad Hatter. It is a bit cleaner at least and he does sort of look like a magician.

We do have the large image that shows up on the front page where people can register. I need to update it but it's of the ship set for the Zombie Pirates film I made. So it does kinds make it clearer at least for first time visitors. I should probably fix it though because it has a white fuzzy outline right now. Maybe we can change it to something else though. Maybe with art from members of the site?

3 months 1 week ago
RandyB
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1514
Bummer that the logo pic has to be so small. Maybe you could take of shot of the mad hatter, but with your hand on the puppet like you're animating it? That might help to show what the site is all about. The current pic of the hat and film almost seem to indicate that it's just a stop-mo fan site, rather than the "so much more" that it really is.

Just a thought.

3 months 1 week ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1512
Thanks Randy, yes I am mainly just working on the theme for now. If Doublesnake helps out I'll be changing the default network graphics that he makes - like the avatars that are built in. If he can't I can try and make some that work better for the page.

I altered the text colors for you, they tie into a few other parts of the site so not only the text colors change but buttons too. I hope this new blue strikes a good balance so you can read the text, and white text on top of that button color.

Do you think I should go with the Mad Hatter as part of the logo? I have to keep it simple because the graphic can't become larger in dimensions. The theme forces that size sad to say. So we'll need to fit something (if we change the current image) into that left side.

3 months 1 week ago
RandyB
More
Changing Animateclay.com Into Stopmotionmagic.com? Goals and Suggestions #1511
Hi Marc - I know you discussed it at the last show, but I signed in just now and was still shocked to see the change. I think the "new-old" name should definitely work better for attracting wider audiences. The name is good, but maybe you should retire the Hat and Film and come up with a fresher image. The Mad Hatter is such a beautiful puppet, as are all of your puppets, but do you have any old monster-type, latex-type puppets lying around? Perhaps you could pose a fight scene with the Mad Hatter and a more realistic monster, showing both mediums in the logo? That might be another way to entice folks with different interests.

A note about the font colors - In the forum, some blue backgrounds have words in a color (is it gray?) that is almost the same as the background, (or maybe it's blue on gray?) making them very difficult to read - especially for us old folks whose sight is fading. I suggest better contrast on your verbiage if you want to attract old masters, etc. - hehe

Change is a good thing. I'll be curious to see how this site morphs.

And make sure to post a notice when the URL changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You animateclay

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds