March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps

3 years 6 months ago
Metalmadcat
More
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #791
m_) Charles, good job on your winning, I enjoyed all walks,
and Liam your experimentation was really interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago
StopmoNick
More
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #468
I'm glad you are going back to it. I've done a couple of exercises here where I didn't have time to do what I wanted by the deadline, but I went ahead and did it and finished a couple of days later - or even month or two later. One of those was for the topic "puppet needs a drink" where I eventually did a 2 minute piece called The Seventh Skol that I'm pretty happy with. The competition had served it's purpose anyway by giving me the idea, and the impetus to actually start on something. I think that is the real point of these exercises.

Anyway, I want to see what happens when someone actually steps on those stairs!

4 years 5 months ago
penguinboy
More
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #466
It was a fun challenge to work on. Congrats to Charles for winning this month!

I am going to go back and re animate this project. Going to spend more time on it and get the full idea I had for it done.
Just glad I did something. It has been some time since I got a project out. Thanks to everyone who voted for me.
Excited to see what next months entries will be like!
The following user(s) said Thank You animateclay

4 years 5 months ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #464
We missed you Nick. It seems tonight we were the ones with crazy internet problems. Claytonanimation made mention that she switched to Firefox and there were no longer issues with the show for her. I can't remember if it's possible for you to watch using Firefox, but thought I'd pass that info along to you. After tonight, I don't think I will test Google+ to do broadcasts. If I can't play a YouTube video at peak times, it's hard to trust using them for broadcasts.

4 years 5 months ago
StopmoNick
More
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #463
I couldn't make it this week, so I missed my chance to vote. I don't know which I would have picked, between the legless zombie having to crawl, and this last one with the steps themselves as a character. I really like the originality of that, had a lot of possible approaches in mind but never thought of that one! So even though Austin didn't have time to do as much with it as he planned, I think Marc made a good call!

4 years 5 months ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
March 27 to April 30 Challenge: Steps #460
Great job everyone this month! Walking and stepping are the hardest things to do in stop motion, so hopefully it was a good learning experience. Although play-back was a problem with YouTube during our live show, we did finally manage to watch all entries fully.

After the votes were cast we had a tie between Charles and Austin. I had to vote for one to break the tie and chose Charles. It was a tough call, everyone watching thought so as well. They were all very good!

So Charles you will get to vote for the challenge theme for the next challenge. You also win a prize from Smith Micro, one of our sponsors! I'll send you a message soon.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds