January 28th to March 4th 2015:Snow!

3 years 8 months ago
astigma82
More
January 28th to March 4th 2015:Snow! #745
I'm working on something that I hope will be done this weekend. Nice work on the animation, Jim. I like the way you moved the penguin further back to show the upcoming ramp :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
January 28th to March 4th 2015:Snow! #736
Really cool Jim, you hid the rig well too.

3 years 8 months ago
Jim
More
January 28th to March 4th 2015:Snow! #735
Hi Folks,

I won't be able to enter this month as I will be overseas, but I thought I would share this little animation as inspiration. I made it just after I started animation (it was the third thing I ever made). This was filmed with the camera tilted at 30 degrees. The skiing penguin is stationary on a horizontal stage and the scenery (tilted at 30 degrees the other way) is moving at different speeds depending on whether it is in the foreground or background. The jump was achieved with a magnetic rig holding the penguin to the back of the stage. The rig stays behind the penguin at all times to give the illusion of jumping through the air. You need a very powerful magnet to do this.

Good luck with the challenge!
The following user(s) said Thank You animateclay, Buckner

3 years 8 months ago 3 years 8 months ago by animateclay.
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
January 28th to March 4th 2015:Snow! #734
Katie sent us this message when we asked her to choose the new challenge topic. She won last months challenge and lives on the east coast where it's been snowing a lot lately.

"Due to recent events in my area of the country I think a good topic would be SNOW."

So get your winter hats on and get started! This challenge is once again a five week challenge. We extended the last one by a week due to the Christmas/New Years holiday season.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds