May 11th to June 22nd topic: Cut!

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #1082 by animateclay
animateclay created the topic: May 11th to June 22nd topic: Cut!
Alright everyone, Ken chose a great topic this time. Cut! which can be translated any which way you like. From getting cut off by a car to getting a paper cut - or maybe even a sword fight where someone gets....cut! :)

Good luck, if anyone has questions please post below. Also, this is the forum thread to post your final films on to be judged on the 18th in case someone is new to the challenges.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by animateclay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1087 by Tamarame
Tamarame replied the topic: May 11th to June 18th topic: Cut!
The dog girl named May finds a weird goldfish popping up,
sending a magical arrow to chase the fish away,
a small dino gets hurt instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: animateclay

More
1 year 8 months ago #1088 by tdnicol
tdnicol replied the topic: May 11th to June 18th topic: Cut!
I've been dying to animate this guy for months; finally had a free weekend and a good excuse.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason

More
1 year 8 months ago #1090 by Gabe M.
Gabe M. replied the topic: May 11th to June 18th topic: Cut!
Sometimes fingers are the sharpest blades. :evil:

Hi, G. Montalvo here!

I am looking forward to participate in more monthly challenges. This is my entry for June 2016. :cheer: the theme inspired me to do a 'cut'out animation of an old ink drawing that I made a while back in 3D animation college. The fire was made out of a footage of a wood oven that I have in the backyard and distorted in after effects.
I think i got the sound levels right but, if you are using headphones maybe turn them down a little bit :P
I worked my best to reduce flicker but you still can see it :( Deflicker plugins are too expensive right now
Oh well, hope you like it!

Thanks for watching.
Good luck!

More
1 year 8 months ago #1092 by animateclay
animateclay replied the topic: May 11th to June 22nd topic: Cut!
Ok everyone, this has been another great run for our challenges. Three very good animations were submitted above and I want to thank everyone for entering. You can watch the live show where our live audience voted for the winner here:

And the winner is.......Thomas, for his Grevious animation. The animation itself was very smooth and expressive and this is what everyone liked the most about it. So Thomas you get to choose the next monthly challenge topic as well as get a prize from our online store. One of the video tutorials or the e-book download Secrets Revealed 3. I'll send you a message after I post this.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1093 by tdnicol
tdnicol replied the topic: May 11th to June 22nd topic: Cut!
Sweet, thanks! For the next topic, I choose "Haunting"!

I unfortunately had to miss most of the show last night (was off with my arm up a felt robot's butt for a friend's project), but I watched the archived show over lunch. Great work, Clay Mara and Gabriel, and great topic Marc! Motion blur is super handy. It sounded like there were some questions about my Grievous clip as well as some Sybille stuff I wasn't there to answer at the time, but I can skim over here:
  • I do have a little bit of motion blur on Grievous, although it's very subtle; I used RSMB turned way down, so it just smooths over the really large motions a little while leaving most of the image crisp. I like that balance.
  • The lightsaber effects are actually *super* easy -- there's a free AE plugin you can get from VideoCopilot called "Saber", which makes any sort of energy beam effects a piece of cake
  • The Sybille armature is, indeed wire -- twisted aluminum wire with brass tube bones.
  • The animation stage in the Sybille clips is similar to the one you can get on AnimationSupplies, but it's home made, and much bigger (36"x80")

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds