September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1373 by animateclay
animateclay created the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
Greg gregr3398 who won our previous Zombies challenge came up with the newest topic. Halloween! It's a good topic as the 5 weeks will be on the 25th of October, the week of Halloween itself.

As always the rules are the same but if you're new - check the rules out by clicking the 5 Week Challenge Rules link at the top of our site. Good luck everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1374 by Xiakeyra
Xiakeyra replied the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
I'm a bit bored of these last topics, We have a Halloween topic like every year, and that is so typical! Zombies, magic, and all those topics have been repeated since 2009. But well, that seems the stuff everybody prefers I guess.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1378 by gregr3398
gregr3398 replied the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
Xiakeyra,

there was a discussion about possibly changing the topic, but the challenge has been promoted over social media and it seems like it would be to late to change it.

You have a good point about the similarity of the topics, perhaps the next winner might consider that when choosing a topic.

I hope you enter a submission. Your animations have the the best submission in my opinion. I love'd the alien one, and your zombie submission looked fantastic as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xiakeyra

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #1379 by Xiakeyra
Xiakeyra replied the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
Thanks :-) I have to admit that these popular topics are a lot of fun and easier to find ideas of what to do. There have been really cool and original topics, like the Industrial one, I liked the originality of that challenge but I couldn't think of any animation to make about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregr3398

More
2 months 1 week ago #1389 by johnken424
johnken424 replied the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
I'm surprised no one has entered yet.

More
2 months 1 week ago #1390 by animateclay
animateclay replied the topic: September 20th to October 25th, 2017 Challenge Topic: Halloween!
Most won't until the last week usually - even on the last day. That's why when we look at the entries I will refresh the page where they are posted so I won't miss the very last ones. We've debated adding more time to see if more people will enter, but the 5 weeks seems about the best balance for most.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds