February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #36 by StopmoNick
StopmoNick replied the topic: February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge
Thanks Marc!
Funny, that choice of which Youtube channel to use didn't come up before, it went straight to the upload page. But it does appear now, so problem solved. Good thing you've come across this issue before. Hooray!
I'm still not clear how to embed a video here, but I'll try again when I've uploaded again. Thanks for doing it for me.
I noticed that playing back from Vimeo, the speech seemed to be out of synch, with the mouth movements appearing a tiny bit delayed. I needed to slip all the dialog tracks along a couple of frames later for it to look ok. It was placed right if you click forward a frame at a time, but didn't feel right when played in real time. I think I've heard that you need to do that, but it was never as obvious before with my simple opening and closing mouths. So I will be deleting that video from Vimeo, and uploading a modified version over the next hour or two.
Here's the URL for the modified version, at my Youtube channel:

I just tried putting the URL in after clicking on the filmstrip, and clicking on Insert Video.
Ok, just typing it in here seems to have done it, since the player has replaced the url in text in this box. I'm now going to delete it from Vimeo.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by StopmoNick. Reason: Testing to see if video posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #37 by Jim
Jim replied the topic: February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge
Wow. A stunning set, amazingly smooth motion and an inspired idea. This is the stuff I aspire to.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #40 by Matt
Matt replied the topic: February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge
I wanted to do something a bit different for this challenge... so my clip really is quite random and nonsensical. But I guess that's what happens when you get your inspiration for a lip sync challenge from a random object found in your kitchen!?

Without further ado, let me introduce to you, a cup with a minor identity crisis...

I guess I should mention on here that the mouth-shapes were digitally-illustrated by me (for another project). These 'graphics' were printed on paper, cut-out and held in place using double-sided tape. The eyelids and eyebrows are plasticine, and the eyes are store-bought plastic teddy-bear eyes. I used DragonFrame (with onion-skinning on) to capture and line-up the mouths from one frame to the next.
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Matt. Reason: Added info about 'how' it was made.

More
3 years 10 months ago #41 by animateclay
animateclay replied the topic: February 5th to March 26th, 2014: Lip Sync Challenge
Great job everyone! Nick was the winner this month, so he will choose the topic for April. What will it be? I don't know yet, but I imagine it will be fun knowing the imagination Nick has. Keep your eyes opened for the new challenge once he thinks of something. Plus, we'll have a prize hopefully for next month as well which will be posted on our challenge page.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds