The Burglar With the Yellow Hand

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #485 by Yorwick
Yorwick created the topic: The Burglar With the Yellow Hand
Dedicated to the works of art destroyed or lost during the 2013 looting of the Malawi National Museum in Egypt, this darkly humorous, symbolic, stop motion animated short celebrates the idea of art vanquishing greed and corruption. Set in the early 1900s and inspired by Silent Era German Expressionist films, it follows the misadventures of an art burglar brought face-to-face with the transformative power of art by a defiant stolen painting. As it gains possession over his life, invading his familiar black-and-white world with vibrant color he realizes too late that the future cannot be built by betraying the past.

Check out the trailer:
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Yorwick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McSteed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Erick Horton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 11 months ago #486 by Erick Horton
Erick Horton replied the topic: The Burglar With the Yellow Hand
This seems to be coming along very nicely. I remember when the Taliban destroyed the ancient Buddha in Afghanistan, though I am not a Buddhist, I was outraged at the destruction of world heritage.

German expressionist films are some of my favorite, Nosferatu by F. W. Murnau especially.

Keep up the good work Katherine.

More
3 years 11 months ago #487 by Yorwick
Yorwick replied the topic: The Burglar With the Yellow Hand
Thanks for your comments! I really felt this was a topic that is especially relevant right now and that I wanted to make a statement about. I am actually in Egypt at the moment working with ancient art at an archaeological site, so this issue is very close to my heart.

Nosferatu is one of my favorites too. It was definitely one of my references on this film, as well as The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and The Hands of Orlac (the 1925 version with Conrad Veidt).

More
3 years 8 months ago #588 by Tamarame
Tamarame replied the topic: The Burglar With the Yellow Hand
looks amazing !

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds