The Green Wall: A Live Action/Stop Motion Short Set in Egypt

More
3 years 8 months ago #512 by Yorwick
Yorwick created the topic: The Green Wall: A Live Action/Stop Motion Short Set in Egypt
I have just launched a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo for my new short film, The Green Wall!

The Green Wall is a live action/stop motion film that will be shot on location in a village in southern Egypt and on miniature sets in my studio in Edinburgh, Scotland. The story will explore the two parallel universes of an artistic girl called Fatima - her home in a simple Egyptian village where she must face the expectations of her family and the restrictions of society, and her imaginary world - a mythic land of monsters, evil spirits and courageous tree nymphs, inspired by her love of animated films.

The film will combine unvarnished, hand-held cinematography, providing a uniquely intimate perspective on Fatima's village with old-school stop motion techniques and live-action puppetry.

To learn more about the film, watch the campaign video, take a look at some concept art or just show some support visit our IndieGoGo campaign page: igg.me/at/thegreenwall/x/3214821
Every contribution counts and we are offering some very special rewards.

Come over and give a Like to our official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thegreenwallcampaign as well.

We only have 30 days and need all the support we can get! Help us celebrate the beauty of traditional techniques, the importance of artistic self-expression and promote intercultural understanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds