Something with a Blue Alien

More
3 years 6 months ago #622 by MadR13d
MadR13d created the topic: Something with a Blue Alien

What I got so far for the character. He has magnet feet.

Designing characters, building armatures, working with clay, etc., so far lots of fun. Thinking of something to animate is a struggle for me.

I want to do a small animation that is funny and appropriate for all ages.

Peace!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzimation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #628 by MadR13d
MadR13d replied the topic: Something with a Blue Alien
I added some clay to his face. Here is my first Stop Motion attempt. I am a really sloppy animator so far.

I don't understand why it plays so choppy if I converted the uncompressed .avi to a small .wmv. On my computer it looks like the system is struggling to play this smooth, (as smooth as it should with my sloppy moves).

I even had a couple shots with my hands in there I had to remove!

I think my idea of using felt to keep the floor clean seems like it could work. It adds a dark shadow.

Next time I will try to hide the feet magnets with clay, is that how its often done in claymation?

Peace!

www.mediafire.com/watch/jj0t619uci12c1r/...a_AlienWalk_2014.wmv

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #629 by MadR13d
I also need to use different clay if I am going to do chroma key on this, cause this stuff is reflecting the green to much? Oh yeah, light the character separate from the background. I will attempt this again soon.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by MadR13d.

More
3 years 6 months ago #631 by jazzimation
jazzimation replied the topic: Something with a Blue Alien
Love your character design! Have you tried using tie downs rather than magnets? animateclay.com/index.php/articles/8-vid...atures-for-animation Towards the very end Marc talks about making tie downs, check out this whole video though if you haven't already, its where I learnt how to make my wire armatures.

I would think that tie downs would be a better solution maybe to magnets for all clay puppets, but to be honest I deal mostly with puppets that are not clay and I have yet to attempted a walk cycle, as I have not done any animation requiring a walk cycle, which I hope to soon attempt. I know that magnets were popular in the UK on productions like Crossgrove Hall's Wind in the Willows, but these are not clay puppets.

All the best with your animation practice, I look forward to seeing your work progress, I really like your style.

More
3 years 6 months ago #642 by MadR13d
Thanks for the encouragement. I am new to this medium, but have dabbled in CGI for many years. I want to have camera matched CGI backgrounds. I need to slow down and take more shots? I am using AnimatorHD.

Same video on YouTube

Oh yeah.... My tumblr
madrone3d.tumblr.com/

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #643 by MadR13d
Yes, clay is heavy. Magnets seem good for certain designs.

I made my first T style tie down today, and posted about it here.

www.animateclay.com/index.php/kunena/pup...style-foot-tie-downs
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by MadR13d.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds