"Finished Look"

More
1 year 10 months ago #1072 by SCGrims31
SCGrims31 created the topic: "Finished Look"
Hey everyone, my name is Stefan and I'm new here. I've been experimenting with clay puppets for a couple of weeks and one of my concerns is my puppets don't really have a "finished" look to it if you know what I mean. Alot of finger print smudges and "uneveness", I was wondering if you guys had any tips or tricks I could use to smooth out my puppets as a finished product. I included a photo of one of my recent puppets. Sorry for the shitty lighting, Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #1074 by animateclay
animateclay replied the topic: "Finished Look"
HI Stefan, yes there are some simple tricks. The most common way to smooth oil based clay is with mineral oil. It's sold almost in all drug stores and is pretty cheap. You take a single drop and apply it to your finger tip and go over the entire sculpt. Then dry your finger tip off with a paper towel and go over it again if there are any shiny spots. You can also use a very small and soft paint brush to smooth details in the cracks of your sculpt where your fingers can't reach. That's what I do and it has worked really well. You can also use olive oil for cooking but eventually it will change the color of your sculpture a little bit - but is less harsh on your skin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds