How to make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation

More
1 year 7 months ago #1170 by limado
limado created the topic: How to make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation
hello my name is Limado and i am from Germany,

I have to make a stop motion animation for my Uni-class, my qusetion is how can i make something like this:

I want the Barbie to stand by its own, but how does this work. Can anyone give me some tips.

sorry for my bad english.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #1171 by animateclay
animateclay replied the topic: How to make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation
Hi Limado, I believe this puppet is a modified doll which has joints for animating. Maybe Barbie dolls have those joints nowadays? If not then they may have taken a Barbie doll head and placed it on another doll body with those joints. Then what they most likely did was attach a rig to the back of the puppet to hold it up so it won't fall over. Then they would have to remove that rig frame by frame in Photoshop or other graphics program.

One program you could use is Krita, it is free and allows you to use layers. Layers are where you can insert a background layer and erase the rig in the foreground layer (picture of puppet and rig) and save the images. Then you'd need to take those images and import them into Stop Motion Pro or Dragonframe to then turn into a .WMV or .AVI as an animated movie at the frame rate of your choosing.

You can find Krita here: krita.org/en/

Oh, one other way you could hold your puppet up is with fishing line if all that sounds too complex. Just tie some line around each shoulder and make a little support system to tie it to above the puppet and out of the camera view. If you attach the two filaments to a piece of wire on top of the puppet you can move the wire up and down to move the puppet up and down. It's a bit harder to do but doesn't require as much post production work later on.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by animateclay.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1172 by Mr_Force
Mr_Force replied the topic: How to make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation
Hello, It looks like Marc covered how its done, here is a link that shows how they do it. hope it helps.

moshi moshi

More
1 year 6 months ago #1175 by Rosielukas
Rosielukas replied the topic: How to make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation
Thanks For Suggestions , Can anybody post Whole tutorial on make Barbie dance ballet stop motion animation

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds