SMotion - open-source, cross-platform, stop-motion animation software

More
1 year 7 months ago #1220 by clubycoder
I always loved watching stop-motion animation as a kid but never had the tools to get into it myself. now that my kids are playing with it I'm reinspired. However I was disappointed in the free/open-source options out there so I decided to build one myself that's cross-platform and in the end will have all of the features at least I'm looking for. Hopefully it's something other's will enjoy using also. Check it out here - github.com/clubycoder/smotion - and let me know what you think. I have a couple placeholders in the UI for features that are not finished but everything in the Features list in the README is done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1223 by animateclay
Thanks for sharing Cluby, I added it to our links area under the capture programs area. It seems interesting, it's nice of you to make something for free. Do you plan to keep updating it over time? If so please post back here any updates, there are a lot of younger people who can't afford the more expensive options.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1224 by clubycoder
Thanks for adding the link. You can remove "for Mac" from the title because it will actually work on any platform.

I am continuing to update it. I've actually made a handful of updates since I posted knocking out a few of the placeholders that I had like the ability to copy an existing take. I have one more placeholder to knock out (adding planning marks on the screens) and write up some documentation and I'll call it the official 1.0 release and I'll post an update here.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1226 by animateclay
Not a problem Clubycoder, I just changed the title to Mac and PC so visitors will know. Thanks again for sharing!

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds