Sound

More
4 months 1 week ago #1455 by Dirty Red
Sound was created by Dirty Red
Hello everyone,

I would like some advice on adding sound to animation. I use Dragonframe for the image caption but noticed you can only import one sound track. my question is what is your approach for voice and sound application to stop motion? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #1456 by Mr_Force
Replied by Mr_Force on topic Sound
Most layered audio editing software works I like FL studio and Audacity for recording.
other free software out there: Ocenaudio, Free Audio Editor, Acoustica Basic Edition
Its best to keep Voice, Music and sound FX in their own tracks until the final edit so you can adjust timing.

moshi moshi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Red

More
4 months 1 week ago #1461 by Dirty Red
Replied by Dirty Red on topic Sound
I have Audacity and love it. Do I record voice to the whole video and add the sound fx and music on Audacity the up load it all as one sound track to dragonframe then shoot animation off that? or is their a edit program I use as a third stage to add the sound fx to after animation?

More
4 months 6 days ago #1462 by Mr_Force
There's different ways people do or set this up. I would Story board the project then make an Animatic of the Video from start to finish adding voices and any Sound FX that are important to the animations timing. You can also use an older method, the X-Sheet (Exposure sheet) its very handy. Then you Could Start work on the animation, scene by scene using the Animatic as a guild with its part of the sound track loaded into DF. Once the parts are finished edit the scenes together in software Such as Sony Vegas or some other peace of software. This is where all the sounds, FX, voices are moved around to fit and then rendered out as a final Video.

Hope that helps

moshi moshi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Red

More
4 months 6 days ago #1463 by Dirty Red
Replied by Dirty Red on topic Sound
Yes that helped out alot!!! Thank you very much. Wound after effects be a good one?

More
4 months 5 days ago #1464 by Mr_Force
After Effects....... looks like it would work for the Animatic but Adobe has (Adobe Animation CC) and that would be better choice its more like editing software. There is (Storyboarder) [ wonderunit.com/storyboarder/ ] its free or I use (StoryBoard Pro) [ www.toonboom.com/products/storyboardpro#products-drop-down ] it does a good job outputting Animatics as well as the story board thumbnails but its not free in fact the price has gone sky high :( Any animation software or Video editing software can be used to make a Animatic it is just a simple Animation, You will have too find the right software that works best for you and affordable. Good thing is there has never been so many free or Open software out there.

One other peace of software I can mention is OPENTOONZ, 100% free, Open Source Uses X sheets, great tool for Storyboarding and Animatics and Animations in general but It is so
hard to master, its not something just any one can just hop into and get the results they would like to see.

moshi moshi

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds