Introduce Yourself Here

More
3 years 5 months ago #760 by MidasClaw
Replied by MidasClaw on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Hi everyone I'm Ross. AKA MidasClaw. I'm not a professional. I'm just getting back in to stop motion and sculpting. I used to make videos with 12" action figures. A few years ago all my materals and computer got "lost" in an emergency move . And now that I have spare time I've started to sculpt and will start animating hopefully this summer. I'm gonna try my luck with an android app called clayframes. Useing my cellphone since it is the best camera I have. Plus I'm poor lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #768 by SMAP
Replied by SMAP on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Hi guys, i am planning to set up a stop motion production company. I am currently at early 30s. Working at oversea company collecting budget to set up a company back in my country. My target is to do kids show similar like pingu or shaun the sheep. But currently i have zero knowledge but i have passion for art and animation. Unfortunately in where i stay currently doesn't offer a course for stop motion. I learn by myself mostly via website. Really need good advice from professional outside there! Looking forward to enhance myself! :)

This is my Youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/channel/UCugFq5bELbVy5FnkU_sHqlA

More
3 years 4 months ago #780 by icebear66
Replied by icebear66 on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Hi, I'm James. For about 15 years, I have been involved in video production work (as a volunteer producer) at the community level. Switching gears to the Stop-Motion process. I prefer to use 24 fps, as it is easier to convert to video, and looks smoother than 12 fps. On On I go, learning what works, and what not... My preferred genre is Sci-Fi, but currently writing a short action/adventure piece to practice and learn with. Lights, camera, action!

More
3 years 4 months ago #782 by McCarlie
Replied by McCarlie on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Hi everyone, my name's Spencer and I'm from Scotland. I was a bit lost in where to go with myself so I joined a college course a couple of years ago, it was varied but had a short animation class in it. As soon as we tried stop-motion I was hooked. I've not really had much time to make animations apart from college projects but I really want to pursue this as a career. I have just found out I have a place in university to study it! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the techniques and films people are working on on here. And to get help from skilled animators. From my college there is no one interested in stop-motion and the lecturers don't care for it either. So I've been left in limbo a little, as in where to find the help to move on. Hopefully it's here :)

More
3 years 3 months ago #799 by Donkhey
Replied by Donkhey on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Hey guys, I'm a nurse from soflo. I've never done anything artistic. I was never encouraged to be artistic in anyway. That's why I wound up as a nurse. It's a good job. Not complaining. But my dream is really to create and see people enjoy what I create. I'm drawn to claymation because it seems like something that doesn't require as much computer software as other forms of animation. Plus building sets and characters with my hands seems like a lot of fun! The question that brought me to this forum is that I'm trying to figure out what size I should make my characters. Too small and they'll be difficult to detail and manipulate and too big and I'll need a bigger apartment! Any recommendations for a beginner animation?

More
3 years 3 months ago #801 by animateclay
Replied by animateclay on topic Introduce Yourself Here
Welcome to the site Clint! A good average puppet size for humanoids is around 8-9 inches tall. I wouldn't try to make one under 6 inches or over 10. Too small and the joints are hard to manipulate, too tall and your puppet armature has to be very strong (and the puppet light) or it's hard to balance it for walks. So 8-9 is a size I'd shoot for if you're starting out.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds