Introduce Yourself Here

3 years 5 months ago 3 years 5 months ago by McSteed.
McSteed
More
Introduce Yourself Here #853
Hello Everybody,

My name is Chris Neuhahn. I'm new to stop motion but not to animation. I've been working in CG TV animation (Nickelodeon and DreamWorks Animation TV) for 8+ years. In my personal work I've been chasing a more stop motion style and thought Why not just do stop motion. That plus being tired of staring at a computer for 18 hours a day made me decide to re-imagine shorts I did in 1999 and 2004 as stop motion with a very hand-made feel.

You can see some of my progress on Instagram or Tumblr: @mcsteed

I'm looking forward to digging around the forum and seeing what everyone is up to. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago
mad_hatter
More
Introduce Yourself Here #837
Hi all! Nice little forum you've got going on here. I may have to have a go at one of these monthly challenges...

I'm new to stop motion, but I've been experimenting with film for a number of years.

I'm currently formulating a plan for a series of horror / comedy short claymations. Can't wait to share the results with you all!

Cheers!

3 years 6 months ago
J Gehrke
Visitor
Visitor
Introduce Yourself Here #803
Hi,

My name is John. I took a 25 year or so break from clay animating (Tried it when I was a kid). I've decided to try my hands at it again with a couple of short vignettes that I hope to finish in the next month. Big thanks to Marc and everyone else for all of the great info and pictures/video you're posting.

3 years 6 months ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Introduce Yourself Here #801
Welcome to the site Clint! A good average puppet size for humanoids is around 8-9 inches tall. I wouldn't try to make one under 6 inches or over 10. Too small and the joints are hard to manipulate, too tall and your puppet armature has to be very strong (and the puppet light) or it's hard to balance it for walks. So 8-9 is a size I'd shoot for if you're starting out.

3 years 6 months ago
Donkhey
More
Introduce Yourself Here #799
Hey guys, I'm a nurse from soflo. I've never done anything artistic. I was never encouraged to be artistic in anyway. That's why I wound up as a nurse. It's a good job. Not complaining. But my dream is really to create and see people enjoy what I create. I'm drawn to claymation because it seems like something that doesn't require as much computer software as other forms of animation. Plus building sets and characters with my hands seems like a lot of fun! The question that brought me to this forum is that I'm trying to figure out what size I should make my characters. Too small and they'll be difficult to detail and manipulate and too big and I'll need a bigger apartment! Any recommendations for a beginner animation?

3 years 7 months ago
McCarlie
More
Introduce Yourself Here #782
Hi everyone, my name's Spencer and I'm from Scotland. I was a bit lost in where to go with myself so I joined a college course a couple of years ago, it was varied but had a short animation class in it. As soon as we tried stop-motion I was hooked. I've not really had much time to make animations apart from college projects but I really want to pursue this as a career. I have just found out I have a place in university to study it! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the techniques and films people are working on on here. And to get help from skilled animators. From my college there is no one interested in stop-motion and the lecturers don't care for it either. So I've been left in limbo a little, as in where to find the help to move on. Hopefully it's here :)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds