Introduce Yourself Here

More
2 years 5 months ago #902 by Jason
Jason replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
I'm a teacher from Canada and I can't believe it's taken me so long to find and join this site. The weekly live show is my favourite. I have enjoyed learning about stop motion for many years, but only now am I getting serious about creating my own. I have some experience with computers, video editing, painting, wood/metal working, storytelling and theatre and stop motion animation gives me a chance to use all of these skills at once, all in the comfort of my own basement. :) My son and I plan to spend many wonderful hours tripping over each other, trying not to bump the tripod, as we balance puppets and busy schedules. My ultimate (years down the road) goal is a create a complete story good enough to enter in a local film festival.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #915 by AlexTongue
AlexTongue replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
My name is Alex. I work for Zing, a toy company based out of Portland, OR. We make a new toy called Stikbot. It's a stop animation toy.

Check it out: www.stikbot.toys

My team makes all of the stop motion videos that go on our YouTube channel. They're pretty good, check out their work.
www.youtube.com/stikbotcentral1

Excited to be here and learn a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: animateclay

More
2 years 3 months ago #953 by Berin
Berin replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
Hello all, I've been stop motion animating since my early teenage years and plan to take an animation course in university this year. I've been lurking as a guest on this website for quite some time, too shy to really comment/share my own work until now. Hopefully this will be a place for me to post my projects as well as join in on monthly challenges.
~B

More
2 years 2 months ago #997 by will
will replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
Hi All,

I'm a musician who has written a song that is perfect for stop action animation. Anyone out there interested in animating my song?
Here is a link to what I did with my previous band. www.jivewired.com/whiteravens

This new song is a solo project and is very poppy and cartoonish in feel. The song is going to be about 3 minutes long. If you are interested, shoot me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also if you could provide links to what you have done that would be helpful. Stylistically I'm looking for surreal but bright and pop-art like.

Cheers,
Will

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1001 by Beardbotnik
Beardbotnik replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
Hello, I'm Nick!

I come from a background in 2d and 3d animation but always did hands on art on the side, I've been wanting to do stop motion for a while but only now have I really gotten serious about getting into stop motion animation since it seems like the best way to combine the skillsets that I've been enjoying working with over the years. I joined the forum after a few of the weekly streams on youtube.

I'll hopefully be sharing my puppet making and animations pretty soon, I'll be trying to mix 3d printed parts and more simple armature making methods to get a workflow that works best with the tools I have!

I haven't done any well planned out projects yet, but here are some stop motion animations that me and a friend that does photography tried out for fun to see if we could make anything move.

vimeo.com/69224866

vimeo.com/76203872
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Beardbotnik.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #1004 by Pratley
Pratley replied the topic: Introduce Yourself Here
Hi Everyone

My name is Jennifer and I'm from Australia

I am very new to Stop Motion - I only recently discovered about myself that I love to sculpt -- and the concept of making moving sculptures really intrigues me :) I bought a heap of Modelling Clay last week, but its so hot, that the forms are changing a lot when I'm working with them, so for my very first animation I used things I had knocking about in the kitchen. I hope to become an active member of your Forum. So much creativity here .. it makes me HaPpY :) :cheer:

Unfortunately, my day job is far removed from my creative world/ interests/hobbies. To get by, I like to think of my day job as 'the place I need to go to get the funding I need for my hobbies', which makes it more bearable :kiss: Keep well all -- Jennifer

Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Pratley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds