hughchilles thread

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #1525 by hughchilles
Replied by hughchilles on topic hughchilles thread
That's pretty cool, I have a 3D TV but not VR yet will probably experiment with 3D at some point, I am looking into getting this setup eBay 600d I like the 50mm prime, would love full frame but this is current budget goal
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by hughchilles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #1517 by animateclay
Replied by animateclay on topic hughchilles thread
This is cool but there is a more simple (and cheaper) way to make stop motion in VR. I recently found this camera called the QooCam. The only problem with it is that you can't change the eye distance on it, so there are limits. But it's easier than with photogrammetry which is what they doing. You can also animate stop motion puppets exactly in the normal way, by hand. Take a look:

www.kandaovr.com/en/shop/#/goodinfo?id=a...83b4454ea30b85e63922

I have an Oculus Rift so I plan to give it a try once I can save enough for the camera. You can watch an example of it working on YouTube here:

I used the YouTube VR app from Steam. If you try other software like Virtual Desktop it won't work since YouTube changed their VR format.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #1516 by hughchilles
Thought I would start a thread for myself and WIP stuff.
This has nothing to do with me but I just thought the potential for the technology is a game changer why not start my thread with it:

Anyone had experience with it yet?
I am only just at the point of investing in a decent camera I heard Laika did 3D with 2 cameras on angles for each eye but this needs 3D scanning camera I imagine costs way more

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds